Thursday, January 19, 2012

7 Degrees

I could not help but notice the lack of coats this morning at the high school. It's been a mild winter, but still, there is no mistaking the temperature this morning. I saw several boys wearing long, baggy basketball shorts (even just past the knees leaves a lot exposed in weather like this). I saw one boy wearing a short sleeved t-shirt and jeans. He was walking along reading a paperback book like it was June. Of course there was also the usual assortment of pajama pants and animal hats (puppies, cats, cows, etc.). One of the boys in basketball shorts and a sweatshirt was at least wearing a stocking cap.

I think for a minute, how did their mothers let them leave like that?! And then, as a mother of teenagers herself, I know exactly how it happened. Sigh. Well, at least they look cool, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home