Friday, March 30, 2012

The Little Anything But Black Dress

I have had a lot of great outfits, but this pink dress is the most commented on dress I have ever had. It is not my favorite dress, but it is somehow the World's Favorite Dress. People stop me on the street, they stop at my table at restaurants, even the usually growly student at the ticket window at The Ross perks up and says, "I like your dress!" No one can resist commenting positively and out loud on this dress.

I think it is the color and the ruffles - mostly I think it is the color. Black ruffles? So done. Pink ruffles? They get noticed.

Today is the first Get Classy, Lincoln Friday (present yourself well and treat each other well - it's an informal movement to stop wearing pajama bottoms to the grocery store) and it's also my self imposed Low Impact Friday. So I biked to work in a dress, which is not uncommon for me in warm months, but I wore the pink dress and accessorized with a bike helmet that looks like a hat. It co-ordinates with the pink dress and put me in a really, really good mood despite a rough morning with growly kids who did not want to get up and go to school. The dress's good effect does not work on growly teens. But then, what does?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea, Lea. I could even do this in Stillwater. I'm glad it is informal.

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do love the dress. And the hat too, Lea.
-Captain

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home