Tuesday, May 01, 2012

The London Train

If I told you that the book was about the different points of view of an extra martial affair, academics, and British politics, you would think I was reading chick lit.  But the author deals with these topics in a complex way that helps me save my reputation as a serious reader.  :-)  Feelings are not glossed over or described in a trite way.  There is an authenticity that makes me feel like the author can somehow see my private thoughts.  The scenes concerning the young adult daughter adrift and making bad choices all while avoiding her mother's phone calls literally made my chest ache.  I recognized both of the characters in a very deep and personal way.  The reader is not left with any answers, but I did feel satisfied at the end.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home