Sunday, August 19, 2007

Later Has Come

Mary could not find her soccer cleats. She looked the most logical places - under the bed and in her equipment bag. I suggested the closet. She insisted they weren't there. When I looked in the closet I saw the plastic sack with the red, shiny cleats and I remembered why they were in a plastic sack. There was about an inch of dried mud on the bottom, which is how she came home from soccer the last time she wore them. I put them in the sack to take care of later and what do you know, later has come.

They're soaking in an inch of warm water right now while she looks for her shin guards. No, those aren't in her drawer or equipment bag either. I think she is checking the dress up box since someone wore them as part of a warrior costume in a play this summer.

Soccer practice and game today and then later a football practice. I think I will finish reading my book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home