Friday, October 12, 2007

Here's Johnny!

Johnny Carson's Senior Thesis is charming. (Click on the link and you can hear his recorded thesis.)

"One technique used by comedy writers is the running gag which can be a sound or dialogue or both..." He sounds so serious about comedy.

Johnny Carson graduated from UNL. It's Homecoming Weekend in Lincoln this weekend and I got tickets to the football game. (Please, please, please beat the Cowboys.)

"Awesome! Who are the Huskers playing?" Frank asked.

"The Oklahoma State Cowboys," I said.

"Argh! I don't want to go to a stupid football game!" Anna pouted.

"I want to wear my Oklahoma State t-shirt and I hope the Huskers lose," Mary said mischevously.

"Yeah, well, I've got two tickets and I'm leaving grumpy kids and trouble makers at home," I said to the girls.

I bet Frank and I have a good time. And I bet I post some pictures. And I bet we win. The first two are sure things. The last one used to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home