Monday, December 24, 2007

Full Moon

I took the kids to Pioneer Park last night. There was a full moon rising over the sledding hill and it lit up the hill which had a small crowd of kids and parents taking advantage of the light. I wished very much that I had a camera. The kids slid down the snowy/icy hill and squealed and laughed and went up and down so many times that they did not even know how many sled runs they made.

I told them it was the last one and the girls were on their way up the hill when their brother went down one last time. I did not see the accident, but apparently it was pretty spectacular. Mary was walking up the hill with her sisters, when she got hit by an adult on a sled and she flew up in the air and then landed on the ground. She hurt "all over" but what scared me most was her hand. It had a huge lump that was growing larger and her voice let me know that something was really wrong. This is not a whiny kid.

I dropped the dog and other kids off at the house and drove her to the Emergency Room.

It was a full moon at the Emergency Room too. But luckily we were quickly separated from the grown ups and we waited in the Pediatric ER to learn that nothing was broken. She is wrapped in bandages and enjoying the attention and retelling of the story. She is sore this morning, but not really the worse for wear.

I heard the weather report this morning while I was fixing breakfast. They are predicting snow on Christmas. My first thought was, "Oh good! I can take the kids sledding!" Then I thought of my little Mary propped up in bed with ice packs. You know what? She'll probably be up for sledding anyway...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home