Wednesday, July 02, 2008

All is Well

My campers are home.

I picked Frank up from his Den Leader's house and we drove out to Gretna to pick up Mary. Greg, his Den Leader, told me that Frank was a very considerate camper and did well in archery and led the skit on the last night. Frank showed me his new rocks and the snake skin he found on a hike and then fell asleep once we got on the Interstate.

Mary talked the whole way home from 4-H camp, or rather, she sang the whole way home. She enjoyed the hiking and canoeing and overnight at the Henry Doorly Zoo. She walked in the door, dropped her backpack and fell asleep on the couch.

I can hear Frank's ball hit the side of the house as he plays catch with himself. It is a metronome for Anna, who is practicing the piano. Bill is broiling turkey burgers. Mary is sleeping through it all.

There are storms coming tonight. The wind is crazy and the sky is full of clouds. I am glad that my kids got a camp adventure and that my oldest kiddo got some time as an only child, but really I am most glad that we are all back together under the same roof. With a basement in case we need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home