Saturday, July 19, 2008

We Spam A Lot

The party was fantastic. Bill took the younger kids to a movie in the early evening so that King Arthur could greet her guests on her own. After everyone arrived, I played the role of God and gave them the first clue in the search for the Holy Grail. They were adorable child-like adult things racing from clue to clue before finding the Holy Grail(s). We got glass goblets for each guest at the Dollar Store and filled them with Hershey's kisses and a plastic ring and a rubber organ. A round table was easy to make - we just took out the leaves. She wore a crown from Burger King and carried a plastic sword.

Dinner was chicken kebabs and separate veggie kebabs with rice.

The cake was a cake sculpting masterpiece - two differently shaped cakes made the stone and one of the kids made the handle for a steak knife to make it look like a sword.

They watched the movie on DVD and played Apples to Apples and I would judge by my delighted birthday girl's face, that she had a good party. The theme was her idea and I suggested the treasure hunt and came up with the cake (other considerations were a bunny and a coconut cake). If you had told me in junior high when my friends and I were obsessed with this movie that one day my daughter and her friends would be obsessed with MOnty Python's Search for the Holy Grail? I would laugh and tell you that you were an empty headed animal food trough wiper.

"When this movie first came out, people listened to music on this." (The next clue was on the record player.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home