Monday, August 25, 2008

Play it Sam

I didn't feel well today after my day at work. My husband was leaving town. I have an early morning hearing in a town two hours from here that scares the crap out of me. I got Hannah to take Frank to and from Boy Scouts. I went to bed with a heating pad and a box of crackers and found Casablanca on the classic movie channel. During all of this, Anna got a message from her boyfriend - they're breaking up - it's a mutual thing and we've all seen it coming - they're in different schools this year, etc. - it's really ok, but sad. I called the then-crying Anna to me and we watched the movie together. I shared my Cheez Its. I was bawling when Rick was waiting at the train station in Paris. Bill happened to come in to say goodbye at that exact moment.

"What's wrong?!" he asked in alarm.

"She left him waiting at the train station," I sobbed.

Anna, mourning her first love, rolled her eyes.

I think she'll be ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home