Friday, September 19, 2008

I Am Not Everyone's Parent

"Everyone" started PeeWee Football this year. 4th grade is the first year you're allowed to play it. Pee Wee Football is the little kid tackle version of football, and as you can imagine, it's huge in Nebraska.

"Everyone" does not include my son or the kids on his flag football team. Or the flag football team that they played last night or the ones they'll play in upcoming weeks.

Frank was pretty mad at me initially for signing him up for flag football instead of tackle football. He has warmed to his team and his coach. He is learning positions and strategy. They have a playbook. Pads and tackles will come later.

Last night in the first game, he threw two touch down passes. I am not sure who was happier, him or me.

"Everyone" wants their son to be the smart, blond, football quarterback, right? Who am I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home