Thursday, March 24, 2011

Stop the World - I Want to Get Off

The first time I heard the title "Stop the World - I Want to Get Off," I thought it was brilliant. The rest of the musical disappointed me, though. :-)

This week has been harrowing. Marital stuff, dance troupe stuff, work stuff, and then yesterday I got a call that Anna was on her way to the hospital in an ambulance because she had been in a car accident. I felt the world stop as I shoved stuff in my purse, let my assistant know that I was leaving, and as I sat in the hospital ER waiting room waiting for the ambulance, it seemed like everything was moving around me but I was not part of it.

We pieced together what happened - "hanging out" turned into "driving around" and the boy driving took the corner on the gravel road too quickly and rolled the car.

Anna was bloody and banged up, but she checked out ok and she was allowed to come home. The driver and other passenger didn't get as banged up as Anna. The driver was pretty hysterical and got quite a lecture from the Sheriff and from his dad. All I could do was hug him and assure him that Anna was ok. She was already on the phone with him as we left the hospital.

Today already feels crazy. We slept in and I am heading into work late. My red message light is going to be blinking like crazy. I hate that message light.

Can I at least have Stop the World - I Want the Phone to Stop Ringing?

I joked that I need a pause button for my life. A friend suggested a mute button. That would be ok, too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duct tape. In this instance, over the message light.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home