Monday, January 23, 2012

Time Travel - book review

I was sitting in the teacher's lounge at my alma mater when a nice young kid (20 years old?) sat down next to me and when I looked up at him he gestured at my Kindle.

"Reading anything good?" he asked.

"I'm reading the Stephen King book about the Kennedy assassination," I said.

"Non-fiction, then?" he said good naturedly.

I searched his face for irony and found none. He just didn't know who Stephen King is.

I was already feeling the space/time continuum weight due to the old school/teacher's lounge/novel about time travel/reading a favorite author of my teen aged years. Oof.

11/22/63 is Stephen King's fictional account of the Kennedy assassination. If you could go back in time and stop the assassination, would you? And what would the effect be? I really liked the book. I have always been a Stephen King fan and there were some parts of this that reminded me why. Some of it is not so good, of course, but it was a fun read and raised some interesting ideas. I am a little obsessed with what it would be like to be Lee Harvey Oswald's daughters, for example.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jodi Anderson said...

Oh, gosh, now I am obsessively searching for information on his daughters. I'm reading this interview now: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/parnell/june.htm

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home