Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Yoga is My Life

I've been out of town the last three weekends - Kearney for Destination Imagination, Kansas City for a belly dance workshop and last week I was at a work retreat.  I was actually home on the weekend, but Bill drove to Gordon to see Claire in a play and I stayed in Lincoln to help the kids get from activity to activity.  I keep looking at the calendar to see when we get a break and it won't be for another month.

Mary has her after school hours free for the first time all school year - no debate or soccer.  Frank is wrapping up track.  And most strange to me, Anna is wrapping up high school.  It is hard to believe that she is graduating from high school and at the same time it feels like it can't happen fast enough.

I think of crazy days like Saturday as yoga series.  I try to smoothly move from one thing to the other.  I lean into each event and breathe and find, impossibly, that I can go further than I thought I could originally.  On Saturday Anna and I picked up trash in the park while Mary worked a fundraiser bake sale/garage sale and Frank was at something called Brain Brawl.  I was making Mary quesadillas when I got the call that Frank was done and needed a ride home.  Anna got in the shower to get ready for prom and I drove across town to pick up Frank.  He was sitting on the retaining wall outside the school and he and I walked to the van as he told me about the competition.  The sun was shining and my son was happy and chattering.  I had been busy all day, but everything had worked out and the end was now in sight.  I had a moment of pause and pleasure, and then I explained to Frank that we had to stop at the florist on the way home to pick up a boutonniere  and we moved into the next pose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home