Thursday, June 21, 2007

Painted Nails



Today while I was bathing, Sadie nosed the door open and then dropped her ball in the bath tub. She stood back and proudly smiled at me.

As a mom of three I can tell you that that exact same thing has happened to me 80 bajillion times with kids and their various toys or snacks, but it is the first time that a dog has ever done it.

I have a client who is pregnant and she's probably not going to keep her baby. This morning while I was sitting on the front porch touching up my nail polish I thought, you know, maybe Bill and I could adopt her baby. Which is of course totally insane. 6 kids, 2 dogs and 2 cats and now I want a baby. Then I thought about how much would change and how much has already changed with this dog that is super dependent on me and thinks that I want her toys in my tub. I like sitting on the porch drinking coffee and painting my nails. I can promise you that when I had babies my nails were never done. So the thought was there for about four seconds, but it was there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home