Monday, April 16, 2007

Cold Lunch

I bought her sushi at her request. She helped me with a big grocery trip and when the kids behave I get them a treat. Usually it is gum or a candy bar or a can of soda from the machines in front of the store.

"What would you like, hon?" I asked.

She clapped her hands together and hopped and said, "Sushi!"

"Sushi? Are you serious?"

"Yes! Please? I can take it for lunch tomorrow."

"Ok," I said.

She knew exactly what she was looking for in the deli and she picked out a little box of rolls with wasabi and sauce.

This morning I watched her put her small plastic box of sushi rolls in her lunch bag. She added the gold foil chocolate bunny that has been sitting on her desk for a few weeks.

"Sushi and a chocolate bunny? That's your lunch for today?" I asked.

"I'll buy a milk at school, Mom."

"Well that makes it a balanced meal, I guess."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home