Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Only Seven Cakes

My Least Favorite Cub Scout Mom, who has An Increasingly Apparent Mental Health Problem, won our cupcakes in the Cub Scout cake walk at the bike rodeo last night. We made yellow cake cupcakes with chocolate frosting and decorated each cupcake with a pile of peanut M&Ms on top of the chocolate frosting.

Who wouldn't want to win those, right?

"Are these peanut M&Ms?!" she screeched. "We can't eat these! My son has a peanut allergy!" And then she handed them out to people standing around. "You'll have to handle the cupcake yourself," she would say as a willing peanut eater approached. I half expected them to glow with radioactivity.

I was feeling a bit put out that I brought both a cake that spelled out "Pack 16" in M&Ms and a box of cupcakes and yet there were only 7 cakes (several of them were store bought and only one other could match ours in decoration) for the cake walk. I felt like others had shirked their cake walk donation obligation. But really, peanut allergy freak mom winning my cupcakes and then handing them out as if they were tainted made everything ok again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home