Monday, November 17, 2008

Lea and the Mick Jagger of Tribal Bellydance


You will notice that my face looks as if it is going to explode with happy tension. I know that you will not have any idea who this is, but it's Amy Sigil, and this picture just tickles me so much that I have to share it.

It was an amazing weekend for me. We hosted some dance instructors for the weekend and I went to three days of dance workshop classes and I am a happy, happy, happy woman.

Mary noticed me uploading pictures and writing earlier this evening and she asked me if I was writing about her. No. Not this time.

When the kids were little I was their whole world and in return, they were mine. I cared for them and worried about them and thought about them just about all the time. My life revolved around them and their needs.

They got older, they can make themselves a sandwich, they can ride their bikes to school, they have activities that don't involve me. I am still important, but I am less important to them. So I have time to explore my own interests, and world dance is one of those interests.

It's not always about Mary. :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jodi Anderson said...

I love your sentiments about children becoming ... older. This weekend was a big one for us as we were able to let her ... go. For a while, completely independent, making friends, hooking up with old acquaintances, etc. It's scary, yet more often it is feeling good, like we're individually and wholely growing, maturing, liberating ourselves.

Life moves forward in good ways.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home