Wednesday, May 06, 2009

I don't Usually Do These

Justin, one of my first Internet Friends, tagged me on his blog to answer these questions.

Rules to follow... if you're the kind who follows rules: Respond and rework. Answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own. Tag five other un-tagged people.

What is your current obsession?
Sewing and crafting costumes for myself and my kids. I organized the basement sewing room and have all kinds of boxes to store pieces in so that I can easily tackle a project. Last night I was able to make a hair flower for my sister in law's birthday present with very little fuss and mess.

What are you wearing now?
Red and black sheath dress with my strawberry sweater. Also my un-Sigil necklace, big earrings and two rings. Black flats. I am not having a great day and so I tried to boost myself with accessories.

Do you nap a lot?
I don't know about "a lot," but I do nap. I even have a couch in my office and I would say that about every other week I will close my door at lunchtime and lay down for a short nap.

What would you like to learn to do?
Dance flamenco.

What’s for dinner?
Curried red lentil salad. Theoretically it is just Bill and me for dinner tonight, but I know that the kids will come crashing in the door around 6:30 and open the frig and cupboards and moan about how hungry they are. They will curl their lip at the lentils, and then they will eat something they heat up in the microwave.

What was the last thing you bought?
A bottle of white wine on my way home from dance class last night.

What is your favorite weather?
I think my favorite weather is just insanely hot late July in Nebraska weather where the air seems heavy with heat and everyone complains about it. I like the feeling of baked bones - like I am a carcass in the Sandhills with bones bleached and dried from the sun.

What is on your bedside table?
My bedside table is an old fruit crate turned on its side. On the shelves it has books and my own unedited novel from a few years ago that I recently decided I am going to edit. On top is a candle, probably a pair of earrings I need to put away, and a water cup.

What is your most challenging goal right now?
It is a toss up between raising my husband's teenager and raising my teenager.

What would you like to have in your hands right now?
Cinnamon ice cream in a sugar cone

What would you like to get rid of?
The stress in my life. I am making myself sick with stress right now - not sleeping well, eating everything in sight, and not exercising. I know that I need to take better care of myself and I just can't because I am suffocated with stress.

What language(s) do you want to be able to speak?
I would like to be fluent in Spanish.

What's one thing you're looking forward to?
The James Arthur Ren Faire in a few weeks.

If you were to pick up a pen right now, what would be the first thing you'd write?
circles

Who was your childhood crush?
It was a tie between Ponch on CHIPS and Terrence Miles from my reading group.

What do you want to be... when you grow up?
I complain that I should have been a lawyer or teacher, but really I am happy being a lawyer who dances and writes.

What (and when) was the last book you read?
The Tale of Edgar Sawtelle

And the question I added -
Who is your favorite Internet Friend and why?
Justin and I became Internet Friends years ago when he was still in college. We have similar writing and reading interests. We seek spiritual meaning in our lives. But really, how else would a gay college student become friends with a divorced lawyer/mom? I love the Internet. We've never met in person, but talk to each other regularly online and send each other cards and small gifts. I sometimes think that Justin has a better idea about what is going on with me than my real life friends. So Justin tagged me to answer the questions in his post and I agreed. 'Cause he's my friend. :-) He's my favorite Internet Friend because he reminds me of how amazingly complex friendship can be and how nice it is to connect with someone that I would not otherwise know but for the wonders of the Internet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Viewtiful_Justin said...

I'm so excited to hear you're planning on editing you novel. I haven't made that leap yet...although I should.

As far as cinnamon ice cream is concerned, you should come over. I've got a quart of cinnamon frozen custard from an amazing little custard shop in town called Ollie's. Yum! All you'd have to do is bring the cones...and drive across Iowa. :-P

And thank you so much. You are officially the sweetest person I know, and you have long been my favorite Internet friend.

Thank you so much! You made my day, my week, and probably my month with that one! I am smiling like a fool now. And on this rainy day, I needed that!



Cinnamon ice cream in a sugar cone

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home