Monday, March 16, 2009

Irish Eyes



Technically this is a picture of our Irish hair.

I don't see the kids. I don't notice that Mary is so tall that her head is above my shoulder. Or that her hair waves just exactly like mine. Until I look at a picture like this and it smacks me in the head.

She agreed to be my partner at the Irish folk dance. We dragged Frank with us, and he agreed to be the photographer. That's why we have a picture of our backs. If I had thought to pose the shot it would be the two of us facing the camera and we would smile and maybe our smiles would look the same, but there is something about this back view that captures similarities that I don't usually see.

Frank the Photographer has the Irish Eyes in this picture.

1 Comments:

Blogger Viewtiful_Justin said...

It's interesting to see yourself from a new perspective, literally someone else's.

Hrm...you guys do have very similar hair. And it's gorgeous.

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home