Tuesday, April 07, 2009

My Mom Went to Seattle and All I Got Was Fish

I was away for an extended weekend and in that time Mary's DI team qualified for Global Nationals and Anna got the news that she lettered in Theater and was asked to be part of the International Thespian Society.

This calls for a celebration.

It's a good thing that their mom bypassed the tshirts and mugs and magnets at the Seattle Market and got what her kids REALLY love. FISH! An Alaskan Halibut. Just came into season. Filleted and packed in ice for me to bring home on the plane. On my walk back to my hotel I spotted baby cauliflower out of the corner of my eye. As I cuddled the cauliflower, the produce man helpfully told me that he had baby artichokes and baby beets and baby carrots. So I ended up with a bag of fresh baby vegetables as well.

Is it dinnertime yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home