Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Anna has a dental appointment this morning, so we didn't need to get up early and rush around. I am going into work late. I let the little kids sleep in a bit and when I went to get them up there was natural sunlight coming in the window. Frank was still rolled in his blankets like a coccoon ("Like a pupae!" he corrected me.) I went up the stairs to the attic and Mary was propped up in bed reading a book.

"I need you to get up and get ready, Mary," I said.

"Ok," she answered.

"It's later than usual," I said. "I let you guys stay in bed."

"I know it's later. I thought you forgot me and I just got to stay at home and read in bed." She grinned at me. She was delighted with the idea of staying in bed all day reading.

"You know, I just can't think of a better way to spend the day myself, but unfortunately I did not forget you and you need to get up, get dressed, have some breakfast and go to school."

"Ok," she said with a smile. "Let me just finish my chapter."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home