Sunday, March 18, 2007

Waffle Crsip

We had a long day yesterday - I had a workshop in the morning, Bill had a 20 mile run, we had company over that night for corned beef and the whacking of a snake pinata. We stayed up late into the night playing cards with kids.

This morning Frank and I were the first to be up eating breakfast. We were sitting at the dining room table eating cereal and reading the newspaper together. Frank slurps the milk in his cereal no matter how many times I ask him not to.

"Mom?"

"Yes, Frank?" I made eye contact with him over the top of the newspaper page that I was reading. His upper lip was covered with milk.

"This Waffle Crisp cereal really does taste like waffles."

"Good," I said and I went back to my newspaper.

"Mom?"

"Yes, Frank?"

"Do you wonder what Peyton Manning is doing right now?"

I looked at Frank sitting there very seriously posing the question about one of his favorite quarterbacks and realized that Frank really was sitting there wondering what he was doing.

"Actually I wasn't wondering what Peyton Manning is doing right now."

"I bet he's riding his mustang."

"That could be," I said.

slurp slurp slurp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home