Thursday, June 21, 2007

Boy Scout Camp



Last night I got phone calls from parents about fall sport registration. There is some jockeying to figure out what kids are doing what sports and who is going to coach. The early registration deadline is June 22nd for sports that are played in September. It's hard for me to get past my June plans at this point, but I had conversations about flag football vs. soccer and micro teams vs. rec teams. I am not sure what Frank is doing. I need to ask him what he wants to do. It does not matter to me. His best friends are doing soccer and not football, but I know that Frank loves football and he's really looking forward to football camp in July. So I am curious to see how this goes.

Sometimes choices are easier.

"Would Dad like to go to Boy Scout Camp with Frank this summer?" I asked my mom on the telephone a few months ago.

"He's packing his bags right now," she laughed.

"Doesn't he want to know the dates or where it is or who else is going or what they're doing?"

"Wherever and whenever it is, he'll be there. I think he's loading the car with his camping stuff right now."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home