Friday, June 22, 2007

Linebacker Faces



This is one of my favorite pictures of Frank. I took him to Fan Day at Memorial Stadium and Frank got to meet the football players and get signatures. He wanted to meet the Linebackers.

"Shall we smile for your mom?" Corey McKeon asked.

"No. Let's give her our tough face," Frank suggested.

Yeah. Wanna line up across the scrimmage line from these two? :-)

The girls are not interested in sports the way Frank is. Mary loves soccer and plays it in fall and spring. Nothing else holds her interest. Anna would rather choreograph a ballet, or play tennis or golf. Frank truly enjoys multiple team sports and also watches them on tv and follows them in the newspaper - his friends talk about sports and they play sports at recess. Mary loves soccer practice and games but doesn't like to play soccer at school. It is a much bigger part of Frank's socializing.

I signed the kids up for summer sport camps through the public schools. The camps are held at the high schools even for the elementary and middle school kids. Two of my girls are learning tennis at the Lincoln High courts, for example. Frank was excited about football camp and I figured out that it was because he thought since it was at the high school that he would get to wear football pads and tackle. Uh no. Just flags still.

I've gotten multiple calls from different parents about fall sports. I left the choice up to Frank.

"Frank I need to sign you up for fall sports. Do you want to play soccer or football?"

"Football," he said, with no hesitation.

This blog is in part a record. I am curious to look back at some point. I peer at the pictures of my kids and I wonder at what is reflected back. What will this influence or affect if anything?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Mary p.s. she has great taste

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home