Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What Would Jesus Buy?

My favorite movie from last year is now out on DVD.

Mary and Frank were horrified that I might actually make them watch it again. Once is probably enough.

It's that time of year again. I start getting crabby about the holidays.

The neighbors put their inflatable snow globe up this week. Mary is notorious for hating those inflatable yard things. Her sister gleefully pointed it out on our way to school this morning.

"How creepy is that? Ho, ho, ho!" Mary said, mimicking the waving Santa from a neighbor's yard. "Giant Santa! You're scary! Seriously! Don't come to my house! I'm Jewish!" she joked.

"Scary like the Futurama Santa," I said.

"You've been very naughty!" Anna and I both said at the same time. "Uh-uh-uh-uh" we said making machine gun sounds.

So, yeah, these are my kids. I'm awful proud that I am raising some kids who are realistic about the holidays and what they mean.

They're such good kids I think I may even get them those Wii light sabers that are on their list...but I might get Frank a copy of this DVD to open first. Just because I am that kind of mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home