Monday, June 29, 2009

The Summer of Ice Box Pie



I like projects. One summer I took pictures of people in public talking on cellphones. One summer I sent postcards to everyone in my address book. I wrote a novel. I refinished the floors. Projects. I am more about projects then I am about SMART Goals, but you know, they're similar. Take something you want, break it down, and do that one thing.

So this summer I decided I was making a different ice box pie every week for 10 weeks. The first week I dutifully posted a picture of my Lemon Meringue. There is nothing of my Banana Creme Pie. And I barely got pictures of the Key Lime. I can MAKE pie and EAT pie, but taking pictures and blogging about pie is too much somehow.

Because it is not the Summer of the Ice Box Pie. It is the summer that Lea Tries Really Hard to Not Lose Her Mind. Same thing, I guess.

So, key lime this week. It was delicious. Nice graham cracker crust and creamy lime filling. Homemade whipped cream. Which is just ridiculously easy to make and somehow impressive. (Anyone impressed doesn't know the ease of pouring in whipped cream to the Kitchenaid base and turning that sucker ON.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Viewtiful_Justin said...

Holy yum! I would LOOOOVE a piece of Key Lime pie.

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Turn your back on that sucker and voila! Butter!! Grams

8:33 PM  
Blogger Smarticus said...

it is TRUE about that "impressive" factor! i am always battling against the urge to go "oh THIS OLD THING", because you know, people *like* to feel impressed. even if it is all just a matter of turning on the mixer

10:21 AM  
Blogger Lori "The Soil Whisperer" Guenter said...

Yeah, the whipped cream is nice. But what is really impressing me is the fact that you are parenting teens and not going insane.

Way to go!

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home