Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Blog About Blogging

I am in Chicago in my brother and sister in law's condo. My brother in law had some errands. My sister in law had a meeting. My husband is sleeping. In other words, I AM ALONE! :-) I am sitting on the couch with an afghan that matches the decor and a cup of coffee with the blinds open. It is snowing.

This is how I picture myself when I write - cozy, quiet, everything is clean (and seriously, everything matches! I love this home and I want to live here, but then I remember that I have a giant monstrosity of my own filled to the brim with kids and that is wonderful, too). I do think that the best vacation for a mom is this, though. Quiet and clean and matching dishes.

I have had a few blogs rattling around in my head and I am going to crank them out while I have time and quiet and coffee.

Last night we landed at 7:30 and we were whisked to a Greek resturant in the back of a bar with a cave ceiling. "The show starts at 8," Joe said mysteriously. "You're here for Elvis?" a waitress said as we walked through the kitchen. I joined in the conga line of Elvis trailed by women. We went out the back door and down the sidewalk and then through the bar and kitchen before making it back to the restaurant for the finale. Oh Chicago, how much I love you. On the agenda today is lunch in Chinatown, a tour of the public housing buildings from "Good Times," and then a trip to the Hancock Building where there is a bar that reportedly has a view just as good as the Sears Tower without the fee.

I wanted to add pictures to the blogs I am about to write, but I don't have my camera cord with (though I have all kinds of cords). I guess not everything is perfect today.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Everybody,

i've been looking to figure out a good place to start the acai free trial & was just wondering if anyone had some thoughts on whether or not the stuff works for dieting? So far here is the one [url=http://acaiberries.zoomblog.com/]article[/url] I have been able to come across that seemed real for what my goals are. Thoughts?

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home