Saturday, March 20, 2010

Script Frenzy

Ann and I had an idea for a script years ago. It will be a three actor piece with multi-media backgrounds. We were heavily involved with the Xanga blogging community at the time and our idea was to take three people who know each other in real life (IRL) and who also read each other's blogs and interact on the internet.

Blogs have fascinated me for years. I think the most surprising thing that happened to me was after I invited a good friend of mine to read my blog and she went off on a rant about how the internet is ruining interpersonal communication and friendships and that she would NOT read my blog.

I would note that while she and I have remained friends, she knows less about what is going on in my life than my Internet Friends, most of which I have never met.

I'm in Chicago this weekend and offered to meet Justin, a long time Internet Friend of mine. Justin and I have mailed each other small gifts, we exchange Christmas cards, and really, I know him pretty well. It's reccomended that you meet someone from the Internet for the first time in a safe, public place. That's why I suggested that we meet for church on the South Side of Chicago on Sunday.

But yeah, Ann and I are going to finally write this script! I am going to work on some ideas while I am out and about today and tomorrow. Travel is my muse. I actually think it is the lack of kids/pets/house/job. I mean, it's easy to write when you have the time.

Also, we have a space to do the reading! Some friends and I are creating a creative co-op. The primary purpose is to have a place to dance. I would like to add other performing arts, and I think that this show would be fun to do there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jodi Anderson said...

That is so cool. I have met quite a few Xangans in real life.

Have fun with Justin. Give him a squeeze for me. :)

7:42 PM  
Blogger Viewtiful_Justin said...

I really would have loved to meet you at church! And even now I wish I'd have canceled my plans and come out there!

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home