Sunday, May 23, 2010

Curb Side Pickup

Mary, Frank and I gardened today. We planted vegetables, herbs, strawberries and the hanging pots that I like in the front. Mary picked some stunning flowers for the front porch pots. To Frank's dismay, we went to no fewer than three gardening stores to get what we wanted. Frank was already distressed that he missed baseball practice (I don't know if it was canceled or changed location or what, but when we got there, there was no one, so we took Frank on the gardening errands).

We finished our planting at dinnertime and I knew that I was not in the mood to cook. We still had a trip to the batting cages to do, which I had promised. So we drove out to the batting cages and talked about dinner. McDonalds? "I can just have french fries," the vegetarian said. Yech. "How about Greek?" I asked. "Yeah, well, we're kinda not dressed to go in anywhere," Frank noted. He was particularly dirty - a layer of dirt covered all of us, but Frank was the most spectacularly covered.

While the kids hit balls, I sat in the shade with my phone and figured out how to call in our order. They brought it right to the car when we pulled in. Meat gyros for the carnivore and felafel for the vegetarian and her mother. We popped open the boxes as soon as we got home and each scarfed down our sandwiches in a hard earned hunger.

"Great idea, mom," said Mary as she used her tomato slice to wipe up the last of the tzatsiki sauce.

I am glad to have older kids. I actually like McDonalds, but I like felafel more. Drive thru Greek? Mmmmm.

No dishes. I am going to go sit on my porch and enjoy the flowers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jodi Anderson said...

This I know for sure: If I'm going to be gardening, I'm NOT going to be cooking. Somehow, the two just don't go together for me. I'm glad to read that I might not be alone.

Enjoy those flowers and that food. Life is good, friend... but, you know that.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home