Tuesday, March 27, 2007

It Never Ends (and No, I Don't Have a New Dog)

I took the afternoon off work in order to take the Girl Scouts on a tour of the ice cream shop. We learned about making ice cream and running an ice cream shop and ate a bowl of ice cream. Then we went to the art gallery next door and met with a woman who makes jewelry and she told us how she makes her stained glass earrings and glass beads for necklaces and rings.

After the field trips I took Mary and her friend to the Humane Society to look at dogs with me since I heard they had terrier puppies. The terriers were all gone. We got to pet and talk to all the doggies anyway.

We had Mary's friend with us due to her parent's work schedule. Essentially we had a play date for the 9 year old with one of her favorite friends until her friend's dad came to get her after he got off work at about 5:30.

At 5:41, Mary flopped into the room, leaned over the chair and said, "Will you take me to the park?"

"Take you to the park?! I just took you to the ice cream shop and the art gallery and the humane society and you had a friend over to play for nearly an hour."

"I know. And now I'm bored. And I want you to take me to the park."

"I know. And now I am incredulous. And the Mom Entertainment Mobile is closed."

"Whatever," she said with an eye roll that suggested 19 and not 9.

"Whatever," I said, and flicked my wrist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home