Friday, February 29, 2008

Costumes

Somebody made the dress (my Mom? my Grandma?). My dad made the daisy wreath. I remember posing for this picture in the backyard.

Kate got a white dress and a veil and a rosary (Denver in the 70s vs. Sandhills in the 80s, I guess). I was jealous. Looking back, I really can't believe that, but I was. I look so sweet.

I took my kids shopping for First Communion and Confirmation. They had huge sales at the mall because of Leap Year. 50% off and then coupons for more off the more you spent (and I spent a lot - way more than usual).

Shopping with Frank:

"I don't want a suit. I want a jacket."

"Ok. Navy blazer? Khaki pants?"

"Sure."

"White or blue shirt?"

"Orange," he said.

"Ok," I said.

We were done in 5 minutes. Tops. And that includes finding the boys' section in the first place.

Shopping with Mary and Anna:

Dress after dress after dress after dress. Two hours later we were finally in the shoe section with Anna and Mary, who had finally compromised on a dress with me, and now we needed shoes.

"Argh!" Frank actually yelled at one point as he buried his face in the bench he was sitting on.

"I hate my dress, Mommy, but I'll wear it for you," Mary said sweetly.

That's really what this whole thing is about, I have decided.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home