Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Fly(a)way

The geese are in a hurry to migrate this Spring. I heard them last night when I let the dog out for the last time. 10pm is pretty late for geese. And then I heard them again this morning as the dog and I ran through the park in the dark at 6am. They're not waiting for sunrise and they are not landing at sunset. (If this were my mom's blog, then she would probably be able to explain why the geese are in a hurry to get North this year or what that means. It's not, and I don't know, and I prefer a literary explanation to a scientific explanation, so we'll just leave my observation as it is.)

honk honk honk honk

While I am fascinated by migration, I really don't get it. I prefer hibernation to migration. I am always looking for a place to land.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home