Friday, April 11, 2008

I Hate Snakes

"This looks like the guy who is a driver in that Star Wars movie," said the Anna, as she handed the DVD box that I picked out to the kid at Blockbuster.

"Yeah, it kinda is," I said.

"It totally is," said the kid at Blockbuster. "Harrison Ford is the pilot of the Millenium Falcon and Indian Jones. He's a really good actor."

"So he's the guy that loves the sister of that guy?" she said, looking at the Blockbuster Kid.

"That guy? You mean Luke Skywalker?! The savior of the galaxy?!" I said.

"Your classic movie is due back on Monday," the Blockbuster Kid said, diplomatically.

"Why Skywalker when he flies jets?" the thirteen year old asks me as I pick up a DVD and receipt.

So if you saw a middle aged mom banging her head against the car in the parking lot of the Blockbuster Video? That was me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home