Thursday, March 27, 2008

Doh!

So this is one of those things that I should have known and somehow misunderstood. "Senate Bean Soup?" It's really from the US Senate.

Grams makes navy bean soup with a ham hock and calls it "Senate Bean Soup." I wanted to make it for my bookclub since I have a ham bone from Easter and soup sounded good, so I googled the name thinking that I would get back a bean soup recipe like my grandma's and not only did I get that, but I find out the history of the soup and the actual recipe from the US Senate. Apparently it's served at the cafeteria in the US Senate every day.

Also on the menu for the bookclub - sweet potato biscuits, salad, lithuanian torte and I will make an appetizer of some sort. Blue cheese walnut spread on apples or shrimp. Or both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home