Thursday, November 27, 2008

Abundance

Last night Frank and I made sour dough stuffing, cranberry sauce, corn casserole and green bean casserole. Frank is my sous chef - chopping, sauteing, oohing over the addition of ingredients. The other kids ran through the house in tutus and wigs. We made hot chocolate. We played music loud. We taped hula hoops and made iron on t-shirts gifts for family. We stayed up much too late.

They got up much too early and turned on the parade. I made a double batch of pumpkin muffins and read the paper.

My house feels different with all the kids here. Even sitting up here in my office, I can feel their presence - what a friend of mine would call their "chi" - and they bring an energy that is not here when they are elsewhere. Bill and I have a quiet energy. Or old energy. Whatever it is, I note the contrast because it makes me appreciate each more. I am happy to have my whole family in the house at this moment.

I feel an abundance of everything (most especially six beautiful, healthy children!) right now and feel very grateful.

Happy Thanksgiving.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jodi Anderson said...

At first, I was like ... she does hula hoops?! I have to tell my other friend who does hula hoops. Then, oh wait ... same person.

I think that I need a second cup of coffee. Or, an early beer.

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home