Saturday, July 04, 2009

Family Traditions



Frank joined me in the backyard this morning while I drank my coffee.

I love this holiday. It's one of my favorites. Food, good weather and the day off. And blowing the birdbath up with waterproof firecrackers. Good times, man.

Famous beans are in the crock pot, surprise jello sits in its mold in the frig, the ribs are marinating, and the strawberry tart with marscapone cheese is chilling.

Meanwhile we need more punks, because we have another box of fireproof crackers and a whole bag of other stuff that needs to get blown up. The bird bath is sitting on the ground waiting to be filled with water. I'll wait until tomorrow to reattach it to the base.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good eye, Frank! This year, empty pop cans were added to the birdbath.The yard is yesterday's battle field today.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Lori "The Soil Whisperer" Guenter said...

Too funny! You have a beautiful yard!

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home