Monday, May 28, 2012

Summer Theme

Anna is in the movies this summer, which is to say that she is working at the movie theater.  I see her in the morning before she heads out dressed in a tuxedo to scoop popcorn.  Frank is laying on the couch watching "Titanic" which he alternates with "Top Gear."  He is apparently a romantic gear head.  :-)  Mary got off the bus from Destination Imagination Global Finals yesterday wearing a sombrero and was already Facebook friends with her new boyfriend from Mexico before I had the pizza out of the oven.  They chatted last night on the internet.  (When I was her age and met cute boys at camps and such I would have hand written letters and exchanged little school pictures.)

I moved some old furniture out to the yard this summer and decided that my theme is to use my back yard in new ways.  The little table and chairs under the tree makes a nice spot for lunch.  The adirondacks on the little deck Frank made from an old compost pile make a respite from the porch when you want more privacy.  But the best room in the house is now the room created by the willow tree branches as it closes around the papasan chair that sits under it now.  A papsan chair is a bowl and when you sit back in it it curves around you.  The long branches of the willow brush across my arm and I feel inside and yet outside - the perfect summer room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home