Saturday, December 13, 2008

My Beautiful Daughter



Anna and Hannah were part of a giant ensemble cast that represented Lincoln High at State One Acts. The Scottish folktale included Kelpies (think seaweed creatures), a giant, a serpant, and a Sea Mother, among others.

Lincoln High has a strong theater department. I am happy to have the girls in such a positive activity.

They were state runners up this year. There was some disappointment, especially among the Seniors who are used to winning, but my kelpie was absolutely delighted to get a medal and a trophy in any color and size.

The silver paint will finally come off (I think there was silver paint in her ear for a week) and the kelp will hang in the costume room. I know the memories will last forever.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jodi Anderson said...

I love this post for so many reasons including the fact that kelpies regularly come up in conversations between my own daughter and myself, and also because she dressed as a cultist for a recent convention and her make-up was so similar (especially in color!), and lastly the fact that she loves theater and being in costume.

Wow, that was a long sentence. ;)

8:20 AM  
Blogger Jodi Anderson said...

Addendum: I wrote that comment and then went on to your more recent post about hula hoops. It was then that I realized whose blog I was commenting on. Der! Early Alzheimer's anyone?

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home