Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Three Minutes of Hot Water for Fifty Cents

I didn't make them shower. They spent three glorious days in swim suits with bare feet eating food cooked over a fire. They fished and swam and hiked. We read books and sat up late watching the campfire.





I am "from" Fremont in that I lived there longer than anywhere else in my childhood. I remember summers on my bike riding all over town and out to the lakes. Although I spent a lot of time at the lakes, I never camped out there. I had no idea that the showers were coin operated.

"But Mooooooom, we're just going to go swimming again! I don't need a shower!"



My car smells like a fishy campfire, there is a pile of laundry to wash and my car needs to be vacuumed badly. Sometimes I think that a trip to Disneyworld would be easier, but I am sure that it would not be more fun.

3 Comments:

Blogger Viewtiful_Justin said...

So very, very true. I'm glad you're comfortable letting your kids get dirty. I can't stand that, "Let's wash up and DON'T TOUCH THAT!" mentality.

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Jodi Anderson said...

Now THIS is what summer vacation is all about ...

11:41 AM  
Blogger Lori "The Soil Whisperer" Guenter said...

Now that's a vacation! Kids that smell like the lake are happy kids.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home